Tuesday, October 15, 2013

...to drain the whole sea, get something shiny...

seeing: Gray, gloomy, cold day outside. It's been like this since last Friday. I can't say I honestly mind it. 

smelling: Cinnamon coffee from this morning that I don't want to throw away because it smells so good.

hearing: "Take Me To Church" by Hozier and the new Polica album. Both amazing.

tasting: A homemade almond cookie....why is almond-flavoring so comforting? I think I remember a Dahl short story in which the taste of almond was connected to a poison. Arsenic? 

touching: A sweater! YESSSSSS. Finally. I love wearing Fall/Winter clothing so much more than Summer clothing.

Shannon is getting to come visit Thursday, finally. I haven't seen him in a month, and I have to say that's about as long as I can go without my partner in crime before I start to go a little nutty. I don't even care that it's only for 48 hours.

In other news, we just bought our tickets to head out to Utah for Thanksgiving! I've never been to Utah, and I've never met Shannon's family before; so I'm very excited. I've also been looking at pictures of the Cedar City and Salt Lake City area, and ohmygoodness gorgeous. It's beautiful out there in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment